Friday, October 15, 2010

Will This Ever End?

I was looking at the Parker Rec online schedule to see what time Baby's Kids Kulture class starts tomorrow.  It's a free once a month thing for littles but you do have to register.  I'd signed up for them but wanted to double check the time.

It says I have a class that has already started.  Made no sense to me since her swim lessons didn't start again until Monday.  They've always been two weeks on, one week off, two weeks on etc.  You have to sign up for the next class a week out and you don't know what level your kid is going to need to sign up for until the end.  That gives you a couple days to sign up for the next session.  Makes sense right?

And I'd signed her up to repeat Minnow because at the end of the first week of her private lessons her teacher told me that Minnow would be cake but she'd struggle with Shark because she needed to work on her endurance.  The fact that she'd had an ear infection and was fighting a cold wasn't helping so I just went with the Minnow - and the timing worked with my UI checks and I have to budget in that way.  Made things tight then but I got help from an outside source and was able to make it.  Even managed to get a haircut before my interview so felt better about myself.

Back to the already started class.  Yep, it was her swimming class.  My screw up because I wasn't looking at a calendar and just signed her up not noticing that THERE WAS NO WEEK OFF BETWEEN CLASSES!   Yeah I just paid for a week of classes she didn't get to take.  Oh and there isn't a week off after this either so I have to get her signed up for the next session this weekend.

I hate feeling like such a screw up!

Oh and while I've been very proud of Baby's choices lately (wanting the plain apple slices instead of the candy/carmel apple) I'm getting concerned because it's becoming a fight to get her to eat breakfast and she's started talking about CALORIES!  At first I thought it was just a word she'd picked up off of hearing an adult conversation but when she was looking at the nutrition box on her cereal (mini wheats - I like them for the high fiber count and they help her poop) and pointed out the calorie information to me along with telling me the number I knew it was much more. 

I know that if she actually does develop Type 1 diabetes she's going to have to count carbs for the rest of her life but I don't talk calories with her.  I talk healthy foods and treats and that treats aren't had every day.  She still has halloween candy from last year for pete's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment